Where to Buy Trekking Gear in New Delhi
If you are attempting to trek in Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, or Uttarakhand chances are your going to be stopping in New Delhi. Below are a list of options on where to buy trekking gear in New Delhi. All the options provide affordable and high quality gear. The prices of these vary from inexpensive to western prices. From the various price checks I made at these stores nothing was overpriced, and you will not pay any premiums for western goods.
Trekking Stores in New Delhi:
The following stores are located in Connaught Place. This is a huge circle with many western brands. Shopping here is easy and everything is close.
- Woodland: F-18, Inner Circle, Connaught Place, New Dehi, Delhi
- This store has reasonable priced trekking boots 3500 rp – 9000 rp. They are very high quality. WHe we were there in the beginning of June they were having a large 60% off sale. They also carry fleece and synthetic down jackets as well as waterproof wind breakers. The prices of these range between 3000 rp and 9000 rp.
- Nike: F-21, Inner Circle, Connaught Place, New Dehi, Delhi
- Adidas:N-45, Pratap Building, Connaught Circus, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi
- Puma: F16, 01, Rajiv Chowk, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi
The following shops are easily accessible using the Airport Express Metro (Orange Line). You can catch this from the New Delhi Train Station. Take this train towards the airport and get off at the second stop, Dhaula Kuan. The round trip ticket costs 80 rp and the ride is around 10 minutes. The metro, or rail system, is one of the nicest i have been on. Very new and modern, the entire car is air conditioned. These three stores are all with in 50 meters of each other and are the best places to buy trekking gear in New Delhi.
- Adventure 18: No.16,Satya Niketan,Benito Juarez Marg, Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
- This was the best of the three stores we went to in this area. I would suggest stopping here first. They have everything you need from mountaineering boots and crampons, to emergency survival blankets. They carry Rab, Marmot, and other clothing brands. They have an extensive collection of cooking gear and fuel. Their trekking boot selection is incredible and they carry almost the entire Salomon shoe/boot line. You can also find tents, backpacks, and sleeping bags for any trekking adventure. All prices here are the same as the United States. Staff is friendly and they gave us 10% off our entire purchase. Be nice to them and they will return the favor!
- Adventure Point: Shop No.6, Opp. Venkateshwara College, Satya Niketan, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
- This store has everything you need for trekking as well. Sleeping bags, tents, warm clothes, trekking boots, cooking gear, water filters, guide books, and even some rock climbing equipment. Prices here are the same as the United States. Although the staff seemed like they had never trekked in their lives, the gear is good.
- Columbia Sportswear: Shop No. 13, Satya Niketan, Moti Bagh, Satya Niketan, Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110022
- This is your standard Columbia store. They carry only Columbia products so you can guarantee the quality is good. Prices here are identical to the United States.